5 Biggest Instagram Challenges Businesses Face
According to Hubspot’s recent article, these are the 5 biggest challenges that businesses face when working with Instagram. What do you think?
1. Knowing which hashtags to use – and how many.
Hubspot recommends avoiding enormously popular hashtags, and instead focusing on more specific keywords. “Even though niche hashtags have fewer posts, they typically have a more dedicated community following them”.
Additionally, their report explains that using lots of hashtags doesn’t seem to hurt post performance. So, make sure to use a lot of hashtags, but make sure they’re all relevant.
2. Securing budget for Influencer Marketing.
Influencers are (unfortunately) a big part of social media. But it doesn’t have to cost a fortune. Hubspot recommends using Micro Influencers for your marketing rather than enormous names.
“Micro influencers provide smaller, highly-engaged audiences without the hefty price tag of a mainstream celebrity — making this type of marketing more accessible to a variety of brands.”
3. Posting at the right times.
While every audience and brand is different, Hubspot’s data provides some answers to the best times to post:
- Content posted between 6 PM and 9 PM generate the most engagement
- Mornings from 5 AM to 12 PM offer the lowest engagement rate
- From Monday to Friday, the engagement rate stays about the same, but the weekend holds a slight edge.
4. Writing compelling captions.
It’s easy to quickly post a link on Instagram without writing a clever caption. But Hubspot’s data shows that including a caption gives you a significant boost in engagement, from just under 4% to over 6%.
5. Knowing what content your audience wants.
Following closely behind is carousel posts.
Video needs to be a part of your marketing strategy.